1. Turning off the lights in your basement
Because the second those lights are turned off, you run up the stairs like there is no tomorrow. Who knows what could be lurking behind you?!
2. When someone says your full name
You are definitely in trouble...
3. When the professor says: "10 more minutes" during the test
YOU HAVE TO FINISH!
4. When you put your phone in your pocket and then 2 hours later it's not in your pocket
Everyone. Remain. Calm.
5. Waiting for the results
Did you win? Did I win? What is life? Who am I?
6. Looking at your phone and seeing 3 missed calls from Mom
There is no word that can fully describe this unspeakable horror.
7. Turbulence on an airplane
Clouds are not supposed to be this terrifying.
8. When you hear a knock at the door when you're home alone
Que the irrational thought that there is a murderer at the door when it's really just the FedEx guy.
9. Walking up the stairs and taking an extra step at the top
And... THERE is the mini heart attack.
10. When your alarm doesn't go off and you overslept 30 minutes
You never ran a marathon in your life until the day this happened.
11. When the spider you just saw mysteriously disappears
dramatic music plays
12. When you're in the shower and the house starts to creak
Just pretend like you didn't hear it...
13. When you're trying to sleep at night and your poster decides to fall off the wall
Wh-what was that?!
14. Airport security
Even though you have nothing to hide, there is nothing like the fear of potentially being tackled to the ground by security guards.
15. Receiving a call from an unknown number
"Who are you and how did you find me? "
16. When a street lamp flickers
It might just be from all the horror films you've seen, but flickering lights definitely are creepy.
17. When your laptop shuts down in the middle of your project
You can't always depend on "autosave."
18. Checking your bank account
"I'm sure I have enough money to... Oh."
19. "We need to talk" or "Call me as soon as you can"
throws phone out the window I can't handle this kind of pressure.
20. Running into someone who you are trying to avoid
21. Trying to remember if you left the stove on when you left the house
"I always turn it off... But what if I didn't this time?!"