Pregnancy is an exciting thing, and new moms always want to make sure their little ones are safe and sound. But sometimes, things can go wrong during a pregnancy which is a terrifying thought; no mother wants to dwell on what bad or dangerous thing could happen to your unborn child.

This mom's pregnancy was going just fine until she started having contractions at only 29 weeks gestation.

She thought it was nothing

Raelin Scurry from Pittsburgh was 29 weeks pregnant when she started feeling contraction-like pain. She brushed it off and thought she was having Braxton Hicks (contractions that occur before the actual labor), but the contractions kept getting worse and started happening closer together.

As the pain and intensity steadily increased, the mother decided she should probably go in to her doctor and see what was wrong. But before she could go, the pain intensified even more. In a Love What Matters Facebook post, Scurry states, "I called 911 because I was so scared. They couldn't understand me between the screams with contractions. So I handed the phone to my fiancé."

A miracle baby

Nothing could have prepared her for what happened next. While her husband drove and was on the phone with 911, Scurry took off her pants, reached down, and felt her tiny baby's head coming out. She said, "I pushed one time and my miracle baby was here."

When the baby made his way into the world, Scurry saw that he was still completely wrapped in his amniotic sac. This is extremely uncommon, but because Scurry works in medical research, she knew he would be fine, according to Washington Post.

The baby wasn't moving

This mom started to worry when she realized her baby wasn't moving. In her sweet post about her birth story, Raelin said, "At first the baby was still and all I could do was pray he would be okay."

But then, the little baby let his momma know that he was just fine. Scurry said, "I rubbed his face with my thumb and he pulled his little hands and feet up to his face as if he understood my prayers and wanted to reassure us he was okay."

Happy, healthy and grateful

When the couple finally made it to the hospital about seven minutes later, a doctor came and took the baby to get proper care. He was born three pounds and one ounce, and was put on oxygen.

Now, sweet baby EJ is doing great and making progress. His mom posted, "He's doing wonderful, all things considered with all he went through I know he's going to be an awesome little man! He is truly a miracle baby. We are so blessed to be his parents."

Close Ad