This one is for all the husbands out there. Do you want to help your wife feel more confident, less stressed, happy, optimistic and encouraged? We have a fantastic list of affirmations every wife craves.
There is actual scientific proof that indicates the use of affirmations can increase a person’s positive outlook, decrease health deteriorating stress, increase self-esteem and broaden an individual’s sense of self-concept. Society has placed a great deal of pressure on women today. Women are expected to look their best while parent their children, maintain a household, earn a living, maintain friendships, volunteer, and be a wife. If a woman gains weight or doesn’t wear trendy clothes, she is deemed as letting herself go; however, the reality is she’s just trying to survive. The pressure to be enough for everyone is constant and the load continues to grow.
To ease your wife’s mind and provide her with emotional reassurance, try incorporating these affirmations into your day-to-day. Make it a habit. Don’t wait until your wife is living through a challenging season or walking through a difficult path. Be proactive with your affirmations because it will help establish a healthy marriage and create a strong foundation.
Affirmations that start with I love…
- I love when you make dinner for our family (or me). If there is a specific meal your wife makes, that you love, include that in your affirmation.
- I love when you take the time to listen to me. Has your wife recently devoted quality time to you? Be specific with that conversation.
- I love your heart.
- I love how open you are. Has your wife recently compromised? Let her know that you appreciate that compromise.
- I love how positive you are. Does your wife always look on the bright side? Believe it or not, it can be exhausting to maintain a positive attitude. Give your wife props for her optimism.
- I love how you treat my friends/family. Family gatherings can be difficult with in-laws. Acknowledge your wife’s efforts and tell her that you love the way she’s able to create healthy relationships with your family/friends.
Affirmations that start with I appreciate…
- I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
- I appreciate how understanding you are.
- I appreciate your ability to see both sides. Has your wife recently helped you see both sides of a dispute/discussion? Reference that time in your affirmation.
- I appreciate your patience. Maybe your wife has recently exemplified a great deal of patience with your children. Let her know how much that means to you and how it’s a huge game changer.
- I appreciate your willingness to try again.
- I appreciate your forgiveness. It’s not necessary to keep track of who is right or wrong; however, if your wife forgave you (or the kids) for a mistake let her know that you appreciate her grace.
Scenario affirmations to remember and try out…
- Compliment your wife’s appearance. Did she try out a new lipstick? Did she spend a little more time on her hair? Or maybe she’s recently lost weight. Make it a point to recognize your wife’s beauty. She will appreciate you noticing her extra effort.
- Ask your wife for her opinion. “What do you think?” “How does this make you feel?” “Do you think I’m wrong?” Starting a conversation with an affirmation, that invites her to voice her thoughts, shows her that you care about her thoughts. The reality is as a husband you want to be heard, too. Your wife isn’t any different.
- Appreciate the ways she’s going the extra mile. Is your wife balancing a volunteering effort along with other tasks? Is your wife training for a 5k? Think about a way your wife is pursuing a goal or helping others. Reassure her confidence by “seeing” her. Acknowledge your wife’s efforts by saying: “You’re a superhero.” “I am so proud of your hard work.” “You are really making a difference.”
One-liners you can include in your everyday conversation or write on a special note.
- I know you can do it.
- You are super mom. If you’re writing a note, ask your children to draw a picture or add to your note.
- You are my best friend.
- I don’t know what I would do with out you.
- Thank you for always going above and beyond.
- You are a stellar wife.
- Thank you for helping me get that done.
- Thank you for always being there for me.
- How did I get so lucky?
- You are such a blessing.
- I couldn’t do it without you.
- You have a beautiful heart.
- I love how generous you are.
- I appreciate you.
- Our children are so lucky to have you as their mother.
- You are hot! It sounds cheesy, but rest assure your wife will thoroughly appreciate this affirmation.
- I love what you did there.
- You are the best thing to ever happen to me.
- I thank God everyday for you.
- You’re so smart.
- I love you just the way you are.
- You are my soul mate.
- You are so strong.
- You complete me.
- I love you more every day.
Your wife will appreciate these affirmations. You don’t have to have a candle light dinner or lay out rose petals to be romantic. A relationship is built on the every day acts of love and kindness that we show our spouse. Making these affirmations into a habit will show your wife that you truly appreciate and love her. As a bonus, your wife will feel a little more comfortable in her skin and confident with herself.
Healthy marriages are established when the husband and wife are both willing to put forth the effort in making their partner the best version of themselves. It doesn’t have to be an epic gesture – just simple words that remind someone how awesome they are.